Friday, September 27, 2013

Story of finding my lost ring back! - Ch 1

Chapter 1

A morning not sure if it was a fine one though, I woke up grumbling about almost everything on earth. I had not realized why I was grumbling until an hour later. It was these days; I woke up in the mid nights and had not slept for the next 3 hours for almost over a week. I had no clue why, no no, not the age factor nor I was falling for Gravity :P
In a hurry to catch the office bus, I just dressed up and ran out of the house, without wishing the landlord “Good Morning Thatha” in a nicer way, I had just uttered the words and ran until he could he even lift his head up and respond back from his busy newspaper reading.
It’s only after 5-6 houses, I see a man and his wife in their late 50’s everyday rushing to work at the same time when I start home, looking at both of them I stop grumbling only to realize that they are aged enough to sit at home but they happily go working, and I am not even half of their age. I see a lady making a hair-do for her school going girl in her balcony, and it’s a routine I wave at her girl every morning in whatever hurry I am.  I see a Rottweiler and he is ugly enough to ignore his barks. I also see a little kid who just joined kindergarten, I have seen him yell out from his balcony “Akka Hi” for past 2 years and he is too sweet enough for a tight hug.
6 minutes of walk every morning gives me enough acceptance in this World. I reached my bus-stop well before time, to see other co-travelers were yet to arrive. Well, doesn’t even make much difference as I hardly talk to anyone of them; because I miss my regular bus buddy. There comes 73, No! I don’t like the people and I let it go; 43, oh yeah! Same story.  I waited until 44 arrived.
<Route # 44 is the regular bus I take every morning to work. Many from my bus stop come in it including a recently wedded couple (to be introduced as important characters) >
I boarded the Bus and managed to reach the last seat which is but obvious my favorite place to sit. I had no window seat there so I settled for last but second seat. I barely had managed to sit, there came Aditi and sat next to me.  I was about to change the FM station and Aditi’s husband came running and caught the bus in the first signal. When he came in, there were only 2 seats vacant in the last row, seats next to the people sitting in the window side on either side. Now, the two started some sign language, you know :P  they would obviously want to sit next to each other and there was no doubt about it.

Now all this put me into a lot of discomfort. I decided to let the husband sit next to Aditi. I came to the last row to find “A new co-traveler” and a usual lady in the last seat. I chose to sit next to the lady, where the Sun was peeping in hot and bright. Well I had no choice but to sit there all the way to Office. I started to worry as the hands would be tanned for the next one hour which I couldn’t afford but then I managed to. And I reached my office. 

1 comment: