Friday, September 27, 2013

Story of finding my lost ring back! - Ch 2

Chapter 2

It was an abnormal day in office unlike an ordinary day when I had loads of things to get to the closure. There was no much work. I have few close buddies here. I had spent the day with their help without any work. I was also writing few blogs during office hours to get out of the boredom. And finally it was 4:30 PM. We went to the next building for snacks and coffee.
Yummy chat-pata swadisht chats were in place. Of course we ended up at the counter to get the tokens. Sev puri, bhel puri and kachori chat we ordered. For the very first time all of them were made simply the best and finger licking good. My eyes were on the flavored peanuts, to my surprise chat fellow did not put them in any of the items I ordered, I shamelessly asked him “ye nahi aayega bhaiya?”, poor guy replied “chahiye tho lelijiye madam”.
Settled on a table at end of the cafeteria, now I could only hear the echoes “ye nahi aayega bhaiya?” “ye nahi aayega bhaiya?” “ye nahi aayega bhaiya?”. Oh man! That’s embarrassing but I eased it with a smile. In no time we hogged all of the chats. Now it was time for the last bite and more importantly because of the peanuts it had. Spoon fight!! No sooner I had the victory smile I noticed, my ring is not in my finger where it had to be.
The ground beneath had collapsed. I started to imagine my Mom’s reactions; all that I had to worry about was her emotions. This was second one to loose. Moreover in this increasing gold price days, 10 tiny diamonds were like cherries on top which were more precious. I ran across the office cafeteria, work stations, the garden, the way taken to the next building, the washrooms, the pantry and what not!! All the time worrying what am I gonna tell my mum.
My friends searched for it in every tiny corner where I had stepped that day. Poor guys! I owe them a treat big time. They went to check under the bushes, the road dividers, the dustbins where the tissues were disposed, the roadside garden, the elevators, informed every security personnel on duty and what not had they done. I went in search of it to the washrooms, in a hope that I might have thrown it away with the tissues after wiping my hands. This had made it only worst when I saw the housekeeping staff checking every bit of the tissues in the dustbin covers. Damn!! I cursed my carelessness or so called irresponsible behavior. Where had I got them to check it out?? Why is their life like this? I silently wept for them forgetting my own disastrous story.

Everyone around was worried, people started asking for it after my Lost and return request email. I had nothing else to do other than reporting at the security desk. I reached my home and called my brother. Had he scolded me for this, I would have been normal. He said, “That’s really ok! Please do not skip your meals and sleep well! I’ll get you another.”  All concerned and worried people had asked me to take care and not to worry.  To be frank, I did not sleep that night once again.  

1 comment: